Went to make a connection at 03:12 and the iron roughneck tried to torque before the spinner even bit; I bear‑hugged the stand, smacked the E‑stop, and pretended it was a demo while the driller cackled on comms. What’s your slick save that looked like slapstick?
Had one night where it tried to torque on a slick joint; I smacked E‑stop, switched to manual, and added a 1.5 s pre‑torque delay so ‘spinner first’ happens. You guys run a bite‑confirmed interlock or tie torque‑enable to ≥300 psi on the clamp, @ToolpusherLee? Ever since, it behaves like it’s on probation instead of stand‑up comedy.
03:12 specials, — I fixed that by enabling a torque interlock so the iron roughneck won’t apply torque until the spinner shows bite via pressure/current, so it can’t ‘torque before the spinner even bit.’ You running a proper bite-detect signal, or just a simple delay right now?
After a 03:12 scare, I added a ‘bite OK’ lamp and 5% torque ramp; I gate off nip force, @sophiaT91.
I slowed the torque‑arm approach on nights so it creeps until the spinner confirms a bite; cut the ‘premature torquener’ cameos without blowing the connection time. > ramp; I gate off nip force, @sophiaT91. Same vibe — your ramp note tracks, and I drop a log ping so we can pull the clip and roast the gremlins later, @sophiaT91; you tying it into slips‑ready?